We are excited to announce:
the PNWIS 2020 Virtual Environmental Challenge!!
This is a great opportunity for college student of all levels to compete for cash and interact with the professionals of today, even virtually. Many of our competitors find career opportunities through networking with PNWIS! Also, we have a lot of fun.
This year the Environmental Challenge (EC) is VIRTUAL. We will be working with student teams and stakeholders to ensure adequate prep and meeting time for the conference planning, role player meet and greets, and final presentations. Please note, the PNWIS A&WMA 2020 annual conference has been cancelled and PNWIS is offering the Virtual EC and other events in its stead.
** PNWIS members will be invited to attend the EC final presentations Nov. 9 – 13 ** Details and links for EC viewing will be provided to PNWIS membership in October. There will be no cost or fee to register.
** Proposals are due by 5pm PDT on Friday, October 30, 2020 **
Hints and Details …
- Early identification of teams is VERY HELPFUL – the sooner you can get me team names/ participants, the sooner we can get schedules sorted.
- During the week of November 2-6th each team will have a TEAMS meeting with each role player to discuss their proposals and incorporate their feedback. This week will also contain any other important meetings the teams need to participate in, and have available slots for meeting to discuss troubleshooting for technology, or general Q/A for the challenge.
- We encourage you to reach out as soon as a need is identified so we can help!
- Final presentations will be held during the week of November 9 – 13. Scheduling of calls will be coordinated with each team to ensure that the virtual sessions line up with other work or school commitments. This will be discussed closer to the event. If you have any direct concerns, please reach out to us as soon as you are able, and we will work through it. Similar to previous years, plan for no more than 15 minutes of presentation followed by 5 minutes of questions and answers. If your presentation is shorter than 15 minutes, the extra time may be used for further questions.
- During these strange times we want to make sure there is adequate time for your current work, school activities, and a virtual challenge! We want to be clear and plan ahead for meeting times for each team event. PNWIS will remain flexible with scheduling issues but will need to hold the meetings as close to originally scheduled to avoid further conflicts with teams or the role players.
- The tweak will be sent out to your teams after proposals have been submitted.