PNWIS Annual Conference
PNWIS’s signature event is the Annual Conference. The conference is hosted each year by one of our eight local chapters in an exciting Pacific Northwest location.
- Recent conferences have been held in Fairmont Hot Springs, Montana (2019), Nanaimo, BC (2018), Boise, Idaho (2017), and Juneau, Alaska (2016).
- The conference is typically attended by 150 – 250 persons, representing a wide range of environmental management professions.
- PNWIS hosts a number of special events at the conference to appeal to students and young professionals.
- At a PNWIS conference you will have the opportunity to attend technical sessions covering a variety of topics including air quality, water quality, waste management, sustainable development, green buildings, and many others.
- Visit exhibitor booths, representing industry, consultants, government agencies, trade groups and other organizations.
- A number of networking and social events occur during the conference: join in our annual Fun Run, meet new environmental professionals at our YP social, attend a hosted tour, or show off your dance moves at the Gala!
- You are also invited to watch student groups compete in the Environmental Challenge, held each year during the conference.
Interested in learning more about the student Environmental Challenge? Click here to visit the EC page!
Recent Past Conferences (summary pages)
- 2022 October 11-13, Coeur d’Alene Resort, Idaho
- 2019 Oct. 23-25, Fairmont Hot Springs Resort, Anaconda, Montana
- 2018 Nov. 7-9, Vancouver Island Conference Center, Nanaimo, British Columbia
- 2017 Nov. 1-3, Riverside Hotel & Conference Center, Boise, Idaho
- 2016 Oct. 5-7, Centennial Hall, Juneau, Alaska
- 2015 Nov. 3-6, Skamania Lodge Resort, Columbia River Gorge, Washington
For earlier conference information, refer to the summary in the PNWIS Awards History below: