Energy Northwest has a job opening for an Environmental Scientist at their Columbia Generating Station in Richland, WA.
As an Environmental Scientist at Energy Northwest, typical jobs tasks would include:
- Monitor, interpret, and communicate environmental and other requirements. Identify and promote opportunities to improve environmental performance and safety.
- Prepare complex technical environmental and regulatory reports.
- Serve as lead and subject matter expert for a variety of environmental programs such as: hazardous waste management, hazardous materials transportation, spill response, air emissions permitting, refrigerant management, National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit compliance, storm water management, pollution prevention, drinking water systems, and State Environmental Policy Act (SEPA) compliance.
- Evaluate permitting requirements for new and existing projects.
- Conduct program assessments to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local environmental and other regulatory requirements.
- Interface with regulatory agencies such as the Energy Facility Site Evaluation Council, Washington State Department of Ecology, and Washington State Department of Health.
- Support/lead inspections by regulatory agencies.
For more information, see the job posting available on the Energy Northwest Careers website.